Friday, February 15, 2013

Foodie Fridays - Sandwich fun!

On some days, I do run out of ideas for Dumpling's brekkie. Thankfully for me, she likes cheese and she likes sandwiches. As I am typing this, we are slowly making a change to wholemeal bread so hopefully, this goes down well with her too. :) 

So what can you do if all you have in the fridge are cheese and perhaps a slice of ham? Well, you can still have some fun creating something cute...

Dumpling had a laugh in the morning when she saw my choo choo train creation (I made a car on a different day too but that would be for another post)


What about a cartoon character? Just add on some slivers of seaweed and voila! (I did this freehand!)
(Pardon the slightly distorted Pikachu as I had to squeeze him real hard into the compartment! :p)


If your child likes crabsticks, you can also mix that with prawn bits into a seafood sandwich. (I used a sandwich mould for this). I also added a small message using a set of alphabet cutters where I added cheese letters :)


The Bentos are not pretty and picture perfect all the time but with some creativity and a sense of humor, anything can be dressed up :)

Linking up:



8 comments:

  1. So cute! The train and rail track is my fave. The I love U would definitely melt your little one's heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Agy, she likes the heart sandwich but for a different reason - it was just yummy as she fancies seafood! :p

      Delete
  2. I agree with Agy - that I love you in the bread is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika! *waves* Thank you! Since then she has made for me an I Love You sandwich too! LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi monstersed - thank you! try it and let me know how it goes! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected